Saiku 2.4 is a new major release that includes lot of improvements.
We have implemented some cool new features, but also fixed some major bugs. You can view the details below.
In case we have missed anything, we would appreciate all filed bugs and feature requests in our Issue Tracker.
What's new in 2.4?
Apache License Version 2.0
Folders and Permissions in Repository
- You can now create folders and set permissions on files/folders in the repository (saiku standalone version).
New Result Option (Hide Parents)
- This feature lets you decide if you want to show parent members or not.
Conditional Formatting (from schema.xml and MDX)
- Use conditional formatting options as part of the Mondrian Schema Definition or within a MDX query.
New Excel Export
- The Excel Export has been reworked and is now much faster and includes more useful information.
Navigational Context Menu
- A new context menu for the result table in saiku's DnD mode allows you to quickly navigate through your data.
Other small improvements
- Explain plan for queries, respect visibility flags of OLAP objects, select multiple measures in drillthrough ...
We provide various Download Packages, but most users will find it sufficent to either download the Saiku Server (Including Foodmart DB)
or the Pentaho BI Server Plugin
Downloads: Information Request
No Thanks: I'd just like to download Saiku, without giving you my email.
What was new in 2.3?
- You can sort your results now by name or measure.
- With this new feature you can create new tags (some might call them named filter sets) based on one or serveral cells in your resultset. Saiku will then take the tuples that make up this result and you can apply them to any new query on this cube.
Example: You can tag a cell "Male / Year 2003" and name the Tag "Tag1"; then create a completely new query and select products on columns vs. customers on rows and apply "Tag1". Saiku will then show you only products and customers which are Male and where there is data for 2003.
- Long promised, and finally implemented. The MDX Editor is back in saiku. You can now switch to mdx mode and run any arbitrary MDX you like and then save it.
Tighter integration of the Saiku Biserver Plugin
- Picks up mondrian.properties from system/mondrian/mondrian.properties now.
Improved datasource management
- There were some issues where refreshing connections and applying roles didn't work. Both should work fine now!
Improved SSAS Compatibility
- We improved various areas in saiku to make sure its perfectly compatible with SSAS.
- You can now choose the columns (levels and measures) that you want to see in your drillthrough result.
What was new in 2.2?
- Query execution received a massive speed improvement.
SSAS, Palo, SAP BW Compatibility
- We made sure that saiku works perfectly with other OLAP engines.
- Apply role-based security to your Mondrian OLAP cubes.
- Change cell values on your resultset and perform basic What-If Analysis.
- Display or export all fact rows that make up a specific cell in your OLAP resultset.
Refresh Datasources / Clear Cache
- Reload your datasources configuration and clear the cache from within the UI.
Faster and more robust UI
- The user interface was completely rewritten for 2.2 and includes lots of speed improvements and bug fixes.
- Saiku is now capable to produce some basic charts using CCC by Webdetails.
- You can now view some basic statistics (avg, min, max, std. dev, .etc) of your OLAP query.